S. John the Baptist and S. Marta's Church
The construction of the church began in 1707 and the building was consecrated in 1751. It served as headquarters of the “Confraternity of Mercy,” which used to assist and bury the people sentenced to death. The symbol of the confraternity is the head of Saint John, shown above the main portal which is decorated with oak carvings. The church is built on an octagonal plan and is crowned by a high dome. The liturgies and the meetings of the brotherhood used to take place in the choir where now sits a baroque wooden gilded casket hosting an old statue, the “Madonna dei Luciani”. The painting above it comes from the Duomo and is by Antonio Barbero, who painted the Patron Saints of the town in 1699.