Sanctuary of the Virgin of Loreto
In 1643 the Capuchin Friars left their convent in the surroundings of Chivasso, which had been destroyed in 1639 by the troops of Thomas of Savoy-Carignano, and founded this sanctuary. They took with them a wooden statue of the Virgin Lauretana, believed to be miraculous, which sits today on the central altar. The old church no longer exists. It was completely rebuilt in 1897 based on an eclectic project by engineer Mottura.
The fresco of the vault by Luigi Morgari represents the miraculous transport of the house of Jesus from Nazareth to Loreto.
The central altar follows the Capuchin tradition and is made of wood. The statue of the virgin is flanked by two oval paintings of the Piedmontese school of the 1700s representing Saint Joseph from Leonessa and Fidel from Sigmaringen. Above the altar stands the tabernacle with its throne for the exhibition of the Eucharist. It is a masterpiece of carving dating from the 1750s.