Saint John the Baptist and Saint Roch church Parish of Castelrosso
Around the middle of the eighteenth century, the church of Saint John the Baptist became too small for the growing population of Castelrosso. Therefore, it was decided to build a larger one.
Accordingly to the historian G. Borla (1773), the new church was built in1758 following “a project by architect Paolo Lorenzo Garrone from Chivasso.” However, the sacraments were still administered only in Chivasso.
Considering the distance from the town, the people of Castelrosso requested that their church became an independent parish, and after several negative answers from the Curia in Ivrea and the Archibishop’See in Turin, they finally won their case in 1782 and established the new parish.
Worth noting inside are a baroque marble altar as well as several frescos from the 1800s. The façade built in neo-baroque style is by Bartolomeo Gallo.